Saturday, May 28, 2011

Have no fear, oh ye of little faith

1 Peter 5:9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

There are so many times in our lives when the world just seems terrible - and thanks to sin, it is. Our world endures horrible things such as natural disasters, wars, disease, poverty, pain, and the list goes on and on. Sometimes I catch myself wondering, "God what are you doing?! What good is going to come of this?! This makes no sense!" Sometimes unfortunately for our naive minds, God works in mysterious ways.

But no matter what we all go through, there is always someone out there who is going through the same trials and tribulations that we have. God has made sure that no matter what happens, you can take comfort knowing that you are never alone. You always have Jesus to turn to when things get rough, and as long as you have faith in Him, He will provide for you and take care of you.

Matthew 21:21 Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.

And never think that your problems are insignificant. Many people will look at their problems and then look at those of the world and say to themselves that they can handle it - other people are suffering worse things. Well when you put it in that context every one's problems are insignificant! But you can only ever compare your problems when you are comparing them to your own past. Because you may be able to look back at what you have gotten through before and think, "Look at what I got over back then. That was much worse than how I feel now so I know I can get through this." Your problems weigh on your own heart, and they cannot go ignored! No where in the Bible does it say, "This is what Job suffered through. His problems were worse than yours. Suck it up." It never says anything remotely close to that!

God thinks that each and every problem, insignificant as you may chalk it up to be, is important and needs to be brought to His attention so that He may heal you. For if you let these things dwell inside of you, more sin may corrupt you and your thoughts and actions in the future, and that is not what God wants at all. You cannot think of your problems in comparison with those of the world. Only one person in the history of the world has ever and will ever group the sins of the world and take responsibility for them all: Jesus Christ. And Jesus Christ wants to know what is tugging at your heart and causing you pain in your life so that He may fix that as well.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Another thing I continue to struggle with, as my friends will tell you, is that I care perhaps too much about people and am very protective of those I care about. However, most times I find myself helpless to do anything. Sometimes the problem is out of my hands; sometimes it is something that only someone with specialized training can fix, and sometimes the problem is too geographically far away from me to help with. And I'm sure many of you find these things to be true for you as well. It's frustrating! Trust me, I know. But the Lord says the most powerful thing we can do for those we love is to pray for them.

So when you find yourself in a situation that seems overwhelming and out of your control just remember: nothing is overwhelming for the one who created all things, and everything is under God's control. He has a plan, and we just need to trust that it will all work out.

James 5:16 Pray for one another, that you may be healed.

James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all with liberty and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

God Bless!
ChristianKid

3 comments:

  1. Most powerful thing we can do is pray for them...how true that is. When I knew people are praying for me, it empowers me to cope with heartaches and problems more easily.

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing God is in contol always helps us bear the burden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother always said she could find someone worse off than she was. She never had much of this world's possessions, but she had a great faith and was always a joyful lady. I learned a lot from my precious mother. One of my favorite scriptures is the last one you chose - James 1:5.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete