Saturday, February 16, 2013

Evolution of Beauty

So, I'm in the Black Hills of South Dakota this weekend skiing. It is so incredibly beautiful up here! I'm so used to everything being flat, which is neat in its own way, but seeing mountains and such just shows me just how majestic our God is - just like a mountain.

Looking out over the hills while standing at the top of the peak, I was only reminded of one thing. I often think that God's almighty power is shown through beauty around us. I like to think that the concept of finding things beautiful trumps the concept of evolution. Think about it: what evolutionary purpose is there for beauty? Not just attractiveness, but true beauty. The kind of beauty that makes you stop and ponder life and be filled with a sense of awe.

Maybe it's just because it's late and I'm exhausted, but the concept of beauty is just fascinating to me. To me it's just baffling that someone can look at the amazing things in this world that are so beautiful and think that happened without a Creator.

I admit I've had my doubts about God's continued existence after creation, but I've never doubted that He created the world. Maybe that's just me.

Blessings,
ChristianKid

No comments:

Post a Comment