Tuesday, January 8, 2013

God's Plan

We all have plans for our life up to a certain point, right? Some of us are more obsessive and controlling of our plans than others (you're not thinking of me, right?), but to some degree we all enjoy control. We're humans, it is in our nature to be control freaks.

However, God calls us to be things that we are not born being like. We are born judgemental, God calls us to be all-loving. We are born wanting money, God calls us to give it all away. We are born control freaks, and God calls us to trust Him. If we don't, then what is it truly that Jesus died for? A free ticket out of hell? Jesus did die to forgive us of sins, but that does not mean we can continue living in a sinful nature. We as Christians are born anew, cleaned white as snow. So take that clean slate and live a fantastic life for Christ with it!

Recently, I've had some major alterations to my plan. I've had this plan for many, many years and couldn't imagine myself anywhere else. However, God has shown me that He has better plans for me than I have for myself. Although He's taken me out of my current plan, He hasn't shown me His new plan just yet. I guess this is where it comes time to practice what I preach and trust Him! I'm excited but also nervous for this new chapter in my life.

Many times I have heard and asked myself, "What does God truly want to do with your life? If you completely submitted to Him, where would you find yourself?" Then that leads to questions like, "Why don't you submit? What are you afraid of?"

Challenge: join me in submitting completely and seeing where this new road takes us - I'll be excited to see where your road took you!

God Bless,
ChristianKid

No comments:

Post a Comment